Pages

This blog has been moved to www.m0njc.wordpress.com

Monday, March 24, 2008

My first visit to Emergency Room-UGD-unit gawat darurat RS. Husada

In order to fulfill my curiousness how it feels to be a doctor, finally, one of my dreams, to visit the emergency room was come true.

Here the background story…

On Easter, the happiest day, accident happened to my cousin’s family. My cousin wanted to refill their mineral water with replacing the new gallon of water. One of their mistake, they put the water dispenser on the table, so that to replace the gallon, they need to step up on chair and lift the heavy gallon.

My cousin, around 30 something woman, with her braveness and her carelessness, replace the gallon by herself. She always does this; this is not the first time for her. But here is the weakness of human, we can’t predict or decide what will happen next.

On this happy day, she replaced the gallon and she fell down from the chair. The chair was broken into two, and also the water gallon, so water overflew all over the house. And my cousin, fell down and her head knock the floor.

But this story doesn’t end up like this. Suddenly, her husband went downstairs after hearing her horrifying yell (I believe it’s horrifying!). And without knowing that water overflew his house, he ran and brak!! He, my cousin’s husband also fell down, unluckily, the pieces of the broken chair stabbed his leg. It’s on the same position with Jesus’ wound on His leg, really. And the gallon made his back, I mean, part of body near his back and near armpit scared. So, both of them lying on the floor, yelling and crying, with the blood flew and mixed with the water, overflew their house. What a bloody Easter!

Then, thanks God, my grandma came. Thanks God also my grandma doesn’t have heart attack. My grandma came and shocked with the bloody house. And then, a phone call rang to my house, my mom and dad went there quickly and helped them.

The entire true story above happened around 9 o’clock. And then, their little girl just came home after having her Easter Mass at church with her grandma (my aunty) and her baby-sitter. All were shocked. Unfortunately, I wasn’t there to see the bloody house.

After having the traditional help like ‘pijet-pijet’ and some ‘balsem’, my cousin’s husband still couldn’t stand or walk well. Until my uncle came and brought them to the hospital.


UGD, here m0nica comes!

What? Hospital. I beg my mom to let me go to accompany them to the hospital. So, here I came to the Emergency Room of Husada hospital, hua hua hua…!!!

With hard step, my cousin’s husband laid on the bed in UGD room. I accompanied him all along the occasion I was there. I am not too close to him, but I just curious for what the doctors would do.

I look around the UGD, it’s not as terrible as I thought before. There was not any emergency situation at all. Quiet and calm. Weird! But suddenly, there’s a man, I mean ‘abang-abang’ who got traffic accident came lying on bed with bloody leg, yup bloody scenery.


I saw the doctor sewed him

And the terrific scenery didn’t end up just like that. My cousin’s husband leg was going to be sewed, dijahit. And my eyes still opened when the doctor and nurse ‘sewed’ him, haha!

First, he was given the painkilling injection until he didn’t feel hurt. And the doctor started sewing him. I opened my eyes widely. No fear at all.

Here the photos. I took it just for kenang-kenangan my first visit to UGD.


Mighty God, powerless man

After Rontgen check, he’s ok, no serious damage in his bone. But you know what, just in 2 hours, he spent almost 700.000 Rupiah. And more terrible, I saw his face, depressed, hopeless. Well, a healthy man, just in 10 minutes could turn into a powerless man and lying hopelessly on the Emergency Room. That’s one of the weaknesses of human.

And that’s also the mighty of God, not more than 10 minutes, God can let you to be powerless.

From this accident, my family and I were warned to be more careful and surrender to God, because we really powerless and He’s the only mighty. Amen.

That’s my first experience to visit UGD. I love hospital atmosphere. Sometimes I thought I wanted to be a doctor, but I still don’t know, still looking for the right path.

(I’m still looking for God’s clue for my future, doctor or programmer, biology and chemistry or IT and physics, Medicine Faculty of UI or Computer Science of NTU, hospital or Microsoft. Haha… )


Psalms 8: 4-6

Jika aku melihat langit-Mu, buatan jari-Mu, bulan dan bintang-bintang yang Kautempatkan:
apakah manusia, sehingga Engkau mengingatnya?
Apakah anak manusia, sehingga Engkau mengindahkannya?

Namun Engkau telah membuatnya hampir sama seperti Allah,
dan telah memahkotainya dengan kemuliaan dan hormat.

0 comments: